Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fave of the week~~~~Old photos

Hi my friends,
Today I would like to share one of my all time must haves  for my scrapping addiction. Old Photos.
It's been so much fun  gathering  the pictures to add to my mini albums and I try my best to add them as I create instead of putting it off until later and then forgetting about why I made an album to begin with. How many times have we done this? You know who you are. Ha! So, I have to say that OLD photos are my favorite for this weeks post. I have found so many family photos along the way and I love adding them to my projects .OOOOH, it makes me crazy when they are not marked on the back and I have no idea who they are. I find others that are  charming and many times humorous on Ebay or in flee markets. I love the sepia tones and the brown and black borders they had back in those days when they were developed. I am so saddened to see Kodak file for bankruptcy. Weren't they among the top for cameras and film back in the day? Another bites the dust. So today I hope you think about hunting down some old family photos of your own. Think about the life the people in those pictures lived and their journey. I just hope my own pictures don't end up in a flee market some day.
Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I have alot of old photos too Iley, I can't seem to be able to use them tho. Thanks for sharing, and take care
    Hugs, Donna :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something special about old photos. My daughter just found an old one when I was like 2 years old. It's in a sepia tone. I love it. I keep forgetting I need to scan it. LOL Sure don't want it to get lost again.
    Hope your having a great week Iley :-)
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete