Sunday, October 28, 2012

Christmas Cookie Recipe Cards

Hi my friends. I hope you are enjoying the change in weather and looking forward to November which will arrive next week. We had our first fire in the fire place last night and it was my idea of bliss and everything simple on a busy day. I hope those of you on the East coast will be safe from the storm and are hunkering down. I had some fun in my cave yesterday and wanted to share my Oatmeal cookie recipe that was my mother in-laws. We lost her in May and coming home after a huge Sunday dinner with these in a cool whip container is a very fond memory. I know that they aren't your typical Christmas cookie but I just love them. Not sure what I will do with these yet but maybe I can incorporate them in a gift or project for Christmas. Well that's all for me today. I have a big birthday coming up so wish me luck on getting through that one LOL. I hope to spend it with my friends and family just celebrating life and all that it means. Wouldn't you know it lands on election day. I'm an Eisenhower baby if that gives you any hint as to how old I will be. Oh, my goodness. Take care and have a great week.

8 comments:

  1. Very cool!!! Those will make great extra gifts. LOL So... someone has a birthday coming up LOL
    take care and stay safe. Sandy is here and she is not being nice at all.
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Yvette. You've been in my thoughts and prayers. Keep me posted.

      Delete
  2. love your recipe cards iley! i joined so many recipe card swaps over at ypp and i still don't have them bound! take care my friend and yes, two more days and it's november! love this time of year! but not happy with sandy and the havoc she creating.... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina. Actually these will be used for another recipe swap for YPP. How cute would they be as a Christmas cookie recipe book sitting on my counter?

      Delete
  3. I think any cookie is a good cookie for Christmas! I have a pear cake recipe from my grandmother, however she made me promise to keep it secret! Love the shape you've used for the cards!

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anitra and ohh I bet that's a yummy cake.

      Delete
  4. Iley Girl...I was just THINKING ABOUT YOU! When did you start a bloggie and how comes I didn't even KNOW ABOUT IT?

    I must get out more...

    Now sweets...you may think me silly...but I will ALWAYS remember our chats and how you were one of the very FIRST GIRLS to befriend me. Truly. Says so much about life, doesn't? All these people and buyers later and I STILL recall my first sales.

    God is like that. Always reminding of us where we've been so we don't get so far from that place that we become full of unnecessary stuff. Clogs up our lives.

    You are a friend always.

    I'm off to peruse your place. It looks MORE THAN LOVELY!

    Proud to be your newest follower...TAGing along with JOY!

    Love, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read your post again and again and wanted to say how much it touched my heart. I can't believe I'm reaching 60 next week and doing this blog thing.I got a new iphone so hope that will help with the pictures. The magazine feature was so exciting and I have met so many wonderful people on this creative journey.Thanks for subscribing my friend and have a wonderful day.
      Iley

      Delete