Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Twelve Days Till Christmas Challenge ~~Week Two

Hi Everybody. It's week TWO on Linda's http://thefunkiejunkie.blogspot.com/tag challenge and have to say I had a blast. I tried using a aluminum tag by running it through a TH embossing plate and then using alcohol inks but messed it up big time. I need practice with this technique LOL.I was inspired by Linda's tag by using the aluminum however so I saved it by then running it through Tim's doily die and went from there. The snow flakes were painted with metallic white paint and then covered in fine glitter dust.I can't stop using the platinum embossing powder with this color theme. I used a Crafty Secrets Santa image and framed the sentiment using Linda's red burlap from her store.She has an amazing selection so check her out. I also highlighted the top left corner with a awesome metal snow flake. Red tule and a sweet bell is used for hanging. I'm loving this challenge so come check it out. Just think how ahead of the game you will be with all those ready made tags. Thanks for checking in and love your comments.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice Iley. Wow I can't believe am looking at Christmas projects already. LOL
    hugs
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Iley
    This is a wonderful interpretation of Lindas Tag,it has great elements which create much interest. I hope you do persevere with the Foil/Alcohol Technique, as it is impressive. Did you colour up the foil first, before embossing? This is my preference, just make sure the Inks are completely dry before running through the machine.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's too bad that your metal and alcohol didn't work out, but I must say I am loving that metal distressed doily. The snowflakes are wonderful too and the piece of red burlap is a terrific finisher! So excited to have you playing with us this year with my 12 Tags of Christmas challenge!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is so amazing. I have so much to learn. I sure wish I could come an play in your craft room. I don't even know what metallic white paint and and fine glitter dust is. Who makes the platinum embossing powder? See so much to learn.
    Ok It is 60 days until I am 60 did you start your count down?
    You are down to 31. Sorry I am just trying to remind my self. They memory isn't what it use to be. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo cute...love that vintage charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherry,
      What an honor reading your comment. Love everything you create.
      Iley

      Delete