Saturday, May 19, 2012

Another Creative Avenue

I have recently been back into a long time hobby of mine which I started about twenty five years ago. This would be the old art of rug hooking. This is not latch hooking but the kind of hooking that was done by our grandmothers. Well, maybe some of our our grandmothers anyway.They are hooked with primitive died wool of many colors and yummy textures. I took a break from hooking on Mondays where I was enrolled in an on going class about three years ago (when I started my scrapping addiction)but missed it.It was when I recently found a sampler pattern in my closet one day when I was cleaning it out that I felt that familiar tug at my heart .
She was sitting there feeling rejected so I decided it was time to get going and start back to rug hooking. She was designed and titled Floral Sampler by an amazing artist who has a wonderful website so if you want more information send me an email. I have taken a picture of this floral wonder in it's beginning stages as well as some completed rugs that I have scattered in my home.I hope you enjoy the share. Have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Iley those are really cool. The rugs must had taken a lot of time and work.
    TFS
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete